Friday, March 1, 2013

Unos

My Tagalog-Shakespeare feels started to tingle this week, and the only way to abate them was to draw something.

Now, once upon a time, I thought about adapting a Filipino The Tempest called Unos. I remember drawing a bunch of things, but all that's lost to time now. So I started fresh.





Notice the deterioration in effort per character the less colors I have. Haha. These palettes, by the way, come from the indescribably inspiring Landscape Palettes Tumblr.

Hopefully I could come up with concept art of the rest of the characters. I've been itching to do Caliban as well. :) But for now, here's the most recent art post on my dreadfully art-less art blog.

Oh, and speaking of Caliban, I whipped this up on a whim under my Filipino!Shakespeare fever:
Huwag mangamba. Ang isla'y puno ng alingawngaw. / Mga tunog at kalugod-lugod na hanging nagbibigay ng katuwaan at 'di namiminsala. / Minsa'y isang-libong instrumentong tumutugtog / Ang umuugong at pumapalibot sa aking tainga, at minsa'y mga bosesNa, kapag ako'y nagising matapos ang isang mahabang pagidlip, / Ay muling magpapatulog sa akin; at, sa aking pananaginip, /
Inakala ko'y ang mga alapaap ay bubukas at magpapakita ng kayamanang /
Handang malaglag para sa akin, nang ako'y gumising, /
Ako'y tumangis para managinip muli.
Inakala ko'y ang mga alapaap ay bubukas at magpapakita ng kayamanang / Handang malaglag para sa akin, nang ako'y gumising,Ako'y tumangis para managinip muli.
Cheers! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment