Sunday, March 31, 2013

14 Four Cafe

Photos by Lianne Bacorro, unless otherwise stated.

The day before Grad, my Tita invited me and my sister to a restaurant somewhere in Taytay. She described it as "artsy" and I wasn't disappointed when I saw it.



We found it nestled in a subdivision, which contributed to its really homey feel. It really felt like I was going to a good friend's house for a late lunch.


I just loved the mismatched-but-brought-together look. Very few of the furniture sets were actually the same, but it all seemed to fit anyway. It was cute and quirky; even though it felt a little "busy", it was still really cozy and easy on the eyes.

My tita, sister and I couldn't help but shamelessly take photos outside before our food came in. Hahaha.

Naks. Kuma-candid.
Top: Celine, thrifted // Bag: Typo from Singapore // Shorts: Una Rosa // Shoes: Payless


These were some of our orders. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to write down the prices nor their actual names. Some food blogger I'm turning out to be, huh?

Chicken Parmigiana with Bolognese Pasta

My sister's order; even though I wasn't able to try as much as I wanted to (Haha, patay-gutom ba ang dating?) the chicken looked great. The melted mozzarella looked glorious on top of the chicken, and it sure tasted glorious.
Crispy Tofu with Peanut Ginger Sauce
I especially loved this one. I'm not a huge adventurer when it comes to food combinations that are unusual - yes, that includes Peanut and Ginger. But this dish turned out to be one of my favorites because the flavorful sauce matched up to the mild but perfectly-crispy tofu very well.

Beef Tapsilog

The Beef Tapsilog was my order. I found the Tapa a little too sweet, but I thought the vinegar was able to complement it very well because of the practically polar difference. The rice and egg were perfect.


Sesame-Crusted Fish

The fish is my Tita's order. It looked so pretty with a siding of sauce and cucumbers (which matched up to the "fresh", "clean" taste of the fish and plain rice) but we ended up asking for more sauce. The sesame crust tasted great.
French Toast

We had French Toast for dessert. There were generous helpings of whipped cream, powdered sugar and sliced almonds. The toast was cooked perfectly and the syrup made it just the right amount of soggy and sweet. Furthermore, there's no such thing as "too much whipped cream".

While we were taking so many porma pics, a lady approached my Tita and asked if I knew anyone named Camille - I did, because we've been batchmates since Grade School and Camille is one of my friends. It just so happened that the lady was Camille's mom! Small world! From what I gathered, she handled the furniture and interior decoration of the restaurant, and also sold some of the furniture that was on display.

There was a showroom upstairs that was closed prior, and she let us go inside for a look. Lucky us, hehehe.

Someone was using the bathroom.
I'm not posting all of the pictures because 1) the CF Card isn't with me anymore, 2) you really should visit 14 Four yourself to see. Heehee.

Obviously, this is my picture. Haha.

This was taken by me.
You can't leave 14 Four without taking a look at their quirky bathroom. :)

Definitely coming back another day.

14 Four Cafe is located on
144 Magnolia Lane,
Gregoria Heights Subdivision,
Bgy. San Isidro,
Taytay, Rizal
Shop Hours
Friday to Saturday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Check out their Facebook here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patricia!

    Thanks so much for visiting the cafe and for this great entry as well :) Congratulations on graduating! I hope you don't mind I posted a link to this on our Facebook page :)

    Hope you come back soon, with Camille perhaps :)

    Niki

    ReplyDelete