Sunday, March 31, 2013

Post-Grad Thoughts

Things I'm grateful for from High School:

  1. Meeting all these amazing people who I definitely hope to keep in touch with in the years to come. That includes fellow students, teachers, staff, and everyone I was introduced to within the hallowed halls of my Alma Mater.
  2. Being able to read most (if not, fully, all... hehehe) of our assigned readings for both English and Filipino. If it weren't for these subjects, I definitely wouldn't have been half-assed to become as exposed to all kinds of literature available to me.
  3. Growth. Not so much physically as emotionally and maturely, that's for sure. Whenever I look back at Grade School, it's mostly composed of bad or embarrassing memories. But now, reminiscing about the past four years of my life, it wasn't so bad in that place after all. For being there all those terrible, pre- and pubescent years, I thank my school.

It's been almost a week since grad as I type this (it's 8 PM on a Saturday night [editing this 9 AM on Easter Morning]), and you might wonder why now, of all times, I'm bothered to actually do this. I do too. As I wait in the backseat of my parents' car, patiently waiting to go home. I apologize for not being able to post as much as I could've earlier.

I still vehemently abhor the generalization that "High School makes up the best four years of your life." Because, paraphrasing Hank Green from memory, if they are the best four years of your life, you must be having a really bad life so far. Who are you, Tom Buchanan?

Don't get me wrong: as much as I like High School, it always, always gets better after.

Dear Miriam College High School. Our batch president said it the best, but I'm gonna say it again:

  1. Thank you for the wisdom, the joy, the helping hand, the memories.
  2. I'm sorry for disappointing myself and making you the cause. I'm sorry I let you get in the way of being all I can be.
  3. I love you.
Happy Easter, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment