Sunday, May 19, 2013

Team Effort (and the importance thereof)

Yesterday I popped over to Motzie's house to - finally - work on the Project Bayani 2nd issue pages that have remained stagnant since a month ago. 

I decided to ask her if I could come over around Wednesday all of a sudden because nothing was happening. Like, literally. I was, to be honest, unconsciously putting off work because 1) I have so many ideas and other projects piling up, even though school hasn't started haha, and 2) I am lazy as hell. I thought it would do me good if my co-creator was physically there to attend to me, thereby forcing me to do as much work as I can. I allotted seven hours - 11 to 5. Despite a couple of transpo problems I made it to her house.




As you can see from the ecstatic Instagram "live feeds" I'd been posting, progress was amazing. I finished inking all of the pages (without black masks) in the span of 5 hours, as we went to Moonleaf after and had time to spare to erase my pencils.

Did I mention that it just so happened to be Project Bayani's first birthday, coincidentally? We'd only found out when I looked at our Copyright Certificate again.

Conclusion: pressure is, indeed, very helpful. It stemmed from the way that writing circles and running clinics (one of which I've attended, heh) stimulates one greatly to get what they want done - it's the idea that people actually, physically bank on you to finish something, and it's kind of the best feeling ever to accomplish something after.

I thank Motzie because if it hadn't been for her, I definitely would not have finished these on my own. Yes, I'm that lazy haha. On to wrapping up inking, then it's post-prod by scanning and Photoshopping. Wish me luck. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment