Sunday, January 27, 2013

Because You Saved My Life Once (A Bullets Blog)

Light Outside by Wakey! Wakey!
(mood music)

FIRST THINGS FIRST
Life Update: My school duties are piling up on me and I haven't even worked on some of my personal projects in a while, save for the PBBY-Alcala. However, things that have happened to me so far include passing the ACET, being able to reserve 10 tickets to D'Wonder Twins of Boac on Feb. 15, and finally finishing my PBBY-Alcala entry. I'm also going to Graphika Manila, which I will definitely blog about.

I confess I haven't been blogging in a while due to the fact that I really have nothing in my life remarkable enough to blog about on its own, except for the cloth. By the way, I'm not going with a full printed dress as before. :)

Anyway here is the more complete life update.


1.25.13.

EARLY AM.

  • I arrive at school at around 4:30 for my last field trip in High School (possibly forever? I have yet to know what College has in store). There are buses in front of me and I have no idea which one is mine.
  • I stay in the car because 1) it is 4:30 in the morning, 2) we leave at 5:30, 3) I don't know what number our bus is. 
  • Suddenly a wild Trisha appears beside our car, looking up at the buses with her father, while I linger along in the back seat with my dad, as well. I say hi to her and surprise her. She calls me a creep. We look for the bus (number 4) together.
  • We wait for everyone else. It is great fun. Occasionally, I get out of the car to check on my dad, who is checking on me because it is much too early for him to go anywhere.
  • We don't leave until 6:40. It is light outside.
MID AM.
  • We watch One More Chance on the ride to Castillo Elementary. We eat. Look at the sights. Stop over for fifteen minutes.
  • We arrive at Castillo Elementary. It is a lovely place filled with lovely children. We have the Opening Ceremonies under a hellish sun and interact and get to meet them and some of them went up to me and high-fived me. I love how they were so friendly and welcoming. I chat with a couple of boys as I accompanied Trisha to the bus to get something.
LATE AM.
  • We dress into our farming gear within the lurching bus on the way to the farming venue. Nothing but harvest for miles and miles, while on the horizon looms a mountain of whose name I cannot mention due to lack of knowledge.
  • We are taught to hack at the sugarcane's roots, and then at the leaves until we get just the cane itself. The farmers who were with us did it with such ease. Then about twenty to thirty minutes in we leave.

NN.

  • Ate lunch in the bus.
  • Went down to attend the Closing Ceremonies.

EARLY PM.

  • We leave for home at around 1-1:30.
  • We sleep.
  • We eat.
  • We stop over for 20 minutes at the Mega Stopover.
  • Sleep some more.
  • We have jokes and pick-up lines, and then we tire out.
  • We attempt to karaoke, spend about a third of the way trying to get something to work, fail because the first machine wouldn't let us sing and the second already had its own vocals and terrible oldies songs that nobody knew except for their chorus. Eventually we get bored, and we sleep some more.
  • About thirty minutes from the destination, Kristine gets the idea to film sing-along videos to Nina's music that Kim was playing up front. We do this for a while, even getting our teachers to do it.
  • We jam across Katipunan and lean out the windows and shout like maniacs because, and this is the first and last time I will use this, #seniorYOLO. The truck drivers party with us. We sweat in spite of the aircon, and it is amazing because the entire bus is game for it.
  • We leave the bus sadly (I, for the first time).
  • All this while occasionally, someone would clap in the bus because they found out their seatmate passed the USTET.

LATE PM.
  • Mandy and I walk to the CSC Waiting Area to wait for her grandparents, who would pick us up so I could shower at her house before we go to Roxie's 18th.
  • My parents text me that they lost the Samsung Tab, and I mildly panic. Yes, texting most of my family members and calling my Tita is "mildly" panicking for me.
  • I shower at Mandy's house. We are driven to Roxie's.
  • We (Mandy and Roxie and Anna and I) talk and eat and laugh, but I am almost dead tired and I am on the verge of falling asleep then and there, among Roxie's other guests yelling and playing games and doing College people things.
  • Because of the terrible signal I find out only later that my parents have been waiting outside for 10 minutes. I am picked up at 11 in the evening and stop by Mandy's house for my things.
  • I practically drag myself to my bed because I have to wake up at 6 AM for the AHS competition.

1.26.13.

EARLY AM.

  • I wake up at 6 AM despite my better judgment.
  • I eat in the car and am dropped off by my parents at the High School, but I find out we meet up at the College. I walk to the College.
  • I see Ms. Trish and Mia and Riva and Mika and Ady and Mickey and Allen and Kira. Also there is another teacher and members of the Media Club and Book Lovers Club. We see Simone and Ms. Sales going down their car as well.
  • We walk to the AHS.
LATE AM.
  • We do the competition, albeit not having any idea on what to expect. It's fun in the end, even if we weren't able to answer so many questions. It got severely intense.
  • Congrats to St. Paul and to the two AHS teams who won! Haha. They obviously really prepared for this. :D
  • We meet Ms. Sales and have pictures outside.
NN.
  • My dad texts me. Someone calls to tell them that they found the tab. He ends the text with exultations to our most Incredulously Amazing God (no sarcasm there).
  • We have lunch. At first we think that we'll watch Sherlock at the Projection Room, where eating isn't allowed, so we eat outside. Turns out we won't be watching Sherlock, so we just wander the Fair for our friends and shop a little. I thoroughly regret not being able to shop at the MC fair, so I indulged.
EARLY PM.
  • Darla and I walk back to MC because Kira left us and Mika texted that she went back to MC as well.
  • We wait in line going into the College and I try to fish out my ID but Darla just walks in and tells the Lady Guard that we're part of prod team. I trail in behind her, incredulous.
  • We hang out with Mika at the Auditorium while the Glee Club, part of the Musicians' Guild, and the CCDC practice onstage. It's a bit of a spoiler, but I myself didn't mind. I helped them compile their data until 2:30 and I went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment