Saturday, January 11, 2014

Resolution 2014


It's nine days late, and nothing's new, but I'm pretty determined on changing the way I create this year. For example:
  1. Less free art because of "boredom", more fair trade in terms of art. I make you something, either you pay me for it or make something for me as well. It helps both of us practice if the latter, yes? (And me for the former, for when I have to price my art in the future... whew.) :)
  2. I hope I'll want to be able to make at least one work of art that isn't school or Collegian-related every week. From sketches and doodles to full-blown paintings, traditional or otherwise, I don't really care, as long as I don't confine myself to work that I have to admit sometimes take the heart out of the art when I don't feel like doing it but I have to. That's life, and I intend to break out of it as best as I can.
  3. I want to try new things and revive the old. I've never bound a book before. It's been so, so long since I last used polymer clay or made jewelry. I've never used oil paints (successfully, that is). Hopefully the learning experiences I'll be able to put off until I have the opportunity to learn them in school, or when I have the time and can learn them myself should it not be done in school. In the meantime, I'll try my best to come back to the projects I left hanging; who knows, maybe I can apply what I've learned, and make them better. Probably.

That's pretty much it. Like I said in my previous blog post, here's another year of wanting to be the very best (artist), like no one ever was. Well. Maybe not that last part. There were/are tons of 'em, after all. I just want to focus on being a great me.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment